The IECA Contracts and Legal Education Group (CLEG) can be joined by ANY IECA member to stay in-touch with CLEG initiatives, events, calls, and upcoming opportunities. The CLEG Committee is a volunteer leadership group including a Chair, Vice-Chair and Board liaison that takes a larger roll in establishing initiatives and responsibilities for CLEG throughout the year.
The Contracts and Legal Education Group (CLEG) is a dynamic organization with over 450 MEMBERS
consisting of attorneys, paralegals, contracts and credit professionals working within the energy sector, and is the
industry leader for networking and sharing ideas.
Through a vast array of programs and working groups, CLEG provides the opportunity for members to network, discuss vital contracts, credit and legal issues, debate important points, and discuss best practices for the energy sector. CLEG also serves as a resource for contract and legal professionals, offering its members access to industry standard documents and forms, as well as helpful links and articles relating to the latest industry topics.
CLEG Committee Annual Projects/Responsibilities:
- Develop a group forum, format, and atmosphere to enable energized discussion, generation of ideas and educational development between both new and experienced professionals
- Partner with experienced members in the industry to solicit career progression knowledge
- Provide networking opportunities for new professionals
- Be a conduit for exposure to the broader IECA organization and its members
- Publicize group to IECA Membership
- Establish an annual schedule of events
- Coordinate all conference calls and or meetings
- Coordinate events and activities with EVP-North America
- Create meeting agendas, record meeting minutes, and maintain posting of such on an ongoing basis
Delivery of educational content may include but is not limited to the following:
- IECA Conference sessions
- Off-Conference live training
- Webinars & Distance Learning Opportunities
- Networking opportunities and events (to include local and regional gatherings)
- Career development - educational tools and documentation
- Database of members to allow informal mentoring
- Promote the IECA mentoring program
CLEG also has many WORKING GROUPS in which IECA members can work on specific projects and initiatives including Dodd-Frank topics, Canadian Derivatives Regulatory work, Contract Provision Review, and more!
CLEG also has many useful industry tools and forms that save CLEG members’ time and energy when negotiating and finalizing documents.
JOIN CLEG GROUP