The energy industry can be difficult to navigate, even for the most trained financial minds. The IECA shows a clear path through this complex business by providing an environment designed for the advancement and discussion of issues directly impacting energy credit professionals.
Membership Qualifications & Categories
Any member of the IECA has to be directly or indirectly related to the credit risk function in their company to qualify for membership. Members consist of any person employed by a company involved in the development, purchase, sale or transportation of energy such as with exploration, production, extraction, refining, manufacturing, storage, distribution, or purchasing, OR any person employed by a company that provides services or products to support credit risk functions of companies such as business intelligence, software, consulting, collections, trade finance, or legal services.
The annual dues fee is $425. Individuals employed by companies with five or more members qualify for a corporate discount of $375.
If you qualify for the corporate discount, meaning you currently have five or more members, please download the Corporate Membership Form. (Please note: Renewing Members who qualify for the corporate discount can now renew online. This form is for newly-qualifying members, or companies that wish to pay for several members at once)
The IECA has three different membership types; regular member, corporate discount member, and student member.
A regular IECA member is an individual whose company has four or less current IECA members.
A corporate discount member is an individual whose company has five or more current IECA members. If you are unsure if your company qualifies for the IECA corporate discount, please contact us at email@example.com.
A student member qualifies as an individual who is a ‘full time’ student, registered in a college or university within the risk, finance, business, economic, accounting, or legal departments. To learn more about the IECA student membership program and benefits, please visit our student membership page.
Membership Forms and Applications
Corporate Discount Application - Use this form to make a single payment for multiple members who qualify for the corporate discount in one transaction (Five or more.) You can also use this to apply for the corporate discount if you did not previously qualify but are now have five or more members.
Multiple Regular Member Payment Form - Use this form if you wish to make a single payment for multiple regular members at once. (Four or less)
Membership Application for Single Membership, regular rate - Use this form if you are not currently a member but wish to apply for membership. NOTE: This form is for if you wish to pay by CHECK or WIRE ONLY. If you wish to pay by credit card, please pay online by clicking on the JOIN button.
Student Membership Application - Use this form if you are not currently a member but wish to apply for a student membership. NOTE: This form is for if you wish to pay by CHECK or WIRE ONLY. If you wish to pay by credit card, please pay online by clicking on the JOIN button, and then the Student Membership tab.
Membership Transfer Request Form - If you need to transfer a membership from one person to another, please use this form to apply for the transfer.
NEW! The IECA Commodity Regulation Working Group (formally the Dodd-Frank Working Group) Subscription
Add on the (CRWG) Commodity Regulation Working Group (formally the Dodd-Frank Working Group) to your IECA membership subscription! A nominal annual fee of $150 for members is required to participate, effective for 2020. Your RWG subscription will provide access to the private weekly Friday calls, regulatory issue advice, group communications, relative industry forms and more. You will have the option to add this fee when you renew your IECA dues for 2020 or when you join as a new member.
Please note online payments MUST be received by 12 p.m. ET on Wednesdays in order to participate in that week's Friday call. (Payments received after 12 p.m. on Wednesdays will be added to the FOLLOWING week’s Friday call.) You will receive a calendar invite from Phil Lookadoo, Chair of the CLEG CRWG.
You are able to add this onto your IECA membership through your renewal process, or you can add it onto your membership any time by going to MY DASHBOARD and clicking on the SUBSCRIPTIONS tab.
- Enhance your professional circle and connect with a thriving community of over 1,000 professionals worldwide
- Build social capital and engage in new career opportunities
- Access to numerous education groups such as the Contracts and Legal Education Group (CLEG) which provides Educational Working Groups, Q&A conference call brainstorming sessions, legal and educational webinars, networking receptions during conferences, freestanding seminars and online industry tools.
- All IECA Committee, Education Group, and Working Group calls are IECA member-only benefits. If you are interested in joining an IECA Education Group or Working Group and would like to participate in monthly discussion calls and Q&A's, please contact Jessica Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deeply discounted registration rates for four educational conferences:
- Annual Conference (US)
- Spring Conference (US)
- Canadian Conference
- European Conference
- Networking and educational seminars by region (USA, Canada, Europe, Asia)
- Free educational webinars and past conference presentations (members only)
- Credit Risk Management Certification Program--IECA & Moody's Analytics offers a certification program in credit risk management. Members receive a discount!
- Continuing Education--IECA conferences and educational programs offer continuing educations credits for CLE and CPE.
Publications & Communications
- Access to the online membership directory and member search of over 1,000 industry professionals
- Access to the IECA's vast online library of past educational presentations, IECA branded forms and industry tools
- Free copy of the Industry Best Practices Survey
- Subscription to the IECA Weekly Rundown Email and Communications