The energy industry can be difficult to navigate, even for the most trained financial minds. The IECA shows a clear path through this complex business by providing an environment designed for the advancement and discussion of issues directly impacting energy credit professionals.
Click below to view our new Membership Brochure and Infographic!
Membership Qualifications & Categories
Any member of the IECA has to be directly or indirectly related to the credit risk function in their company to qualify for membership. Members consist of any person employed by a company involved in the development, purchase, sale or transportation of energy such as with exploration, production, extraction, refining, manufacturing, storage, distribution, or purchasing, OR any person employed by a company that provides services or products to support credit risk functions of companies such as business intelligence, software, consulting, collections, trade finance, or legal services.
The annual dues fee is $350. Individuals employed by companies with five or more members qualify for a corporate discount of $300.
If you qualify for the corporate discount, meaning you currently have five or more members, please download the Corporate Membership Form. (Please note: Renewing Members who qualify for the corporate discount can now renew online. This form is for newly qualifiying members, or companies that wish to pay for several members at once)
- Enhance you professional circle and connect with a thriving community of over 1400 professionals worldwide
- Build social capital and engage in new career opportunities
- Access to numerous education groups such as the Contracts and Legal Education Group (CLEG) which provides Educational Working Groups, Q&A conference call brainstorming sessions, legal and educational webinars, networking receptions during conferences, freestanding seminars and online industry tools.
Deeply discounted registration rates for four educational conferences:
- Annual Conference (US)
- Spring Conference (US)
- Canadian Conference
- European Conference
- Networking and educational seminars by region (USA, Canada, Europe, Asia)
- Free educational webinars (members only)
- Credit Risk Management Certification Program--IECA & Moody's Analytics offers a certification program in credit risk management. Members receive a discount!
- Continuing Education--IECA conferences and educational programs offer continuing educations credits for CLE, CPE and CFA.
Publications & Communications
- Access to the online membership directory and member search of over 1400 industry professionals
- Access to the IECA's vast online library of past educational presentations, IECA branded forms and industry tools
- Free copy of the Industry Best Practices Survey
- Subscription to the IECA Journal and Insights electronic newsletter providing association updates and timely educational articles
Student Membership Qualifications & Benefits
The IECA also recently created a student membership type with the mission to assist students in finding a path to employment in the risk management, finance or legal realm within the Energy industry. Student membership consists of any person who is a full-time student registered in a college or university within the risk, finance, business, economics, accounting, or legal departments. Full time is defined as that your main profession is as a student, not a full-time employee taking classes on a part-time basis.
If you are interested in learning more about student membership, click here.
The annual dues fee for student members is $30. If you are interested in joining, click here!